George & 2 Oldest Daughters

George & 2 Oldest Daughters
George, Oldest Daughter, and Me, 2nd Daughter 1968.

Caroline and Oldest Daughter

Caroline and Oldest Daughter
Caroline and Oldest Daughter in Photo Booth 1964

Boy George

Boy George
George and younger sister in 1940's

George and his Oldest Daughter

George and his Oldest Daughter
George and His Oldest Daughter 1964 in Photo Booth

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Halupki, Kapusta, Piroshky and More...

October 22 is my son's birthday, and this year, he turned 20. George stopped by to wish his only grandson happy birthday, and we celebrated with food from the Slovakian side...Borscht, Piroshky, Kapusta, Halupki, and Poppyseed bread. Every time I have food like this, I feel as though the souls of my grandmother, grandfather, aunts, uncles, and cousins are all in the room with me, and we are laughing together, sharing good times, and rejoicing in the celebration of my son's birthday. My grandparents would have adored my children, and they, my grandparents. Mno Hya Lita my son...many happy years, and blessings to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment