George & 2 Oldest Daughters

George & 2 Oldest Daughters
George, Oldest Daughter, and Me, 2nd Daughter 1968.

Caroline and Oldest Daughter

Caroline and Oldest Daughter
Caroline and Oldest Daughter in Photo Booth 1964

Boy George

Boy George
George and younger sister in 1940's

George and his Oldest Daughter

George and his Oldest Daughter
George and His Oldest Daughter 1964 in Photo Booth

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Walkabout at home.....


I found a part of me that had been suppressed for a long time whilst on vacation in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia...:) The lighthearted imp that had wings for the wind to catch and let her soar...

Going to Sydney was like stepping back in time to my childhood years during the 70's and 80's. People operate with common sense and courtesy. It seemed to me to be more of a live and let live society, with a myriad of attractions, people, and opportunities to express yourself. The physical beauty of the land and coastline is dramatic and unquestionable. Walking along the coastline was a blessing and a privilege. It is rather expensive to live there, yes, however, worth the effort to make it in my estimation. It really is a "chill" type of place. Their shops CLOSE at night, and people actually have lives...imagine that. Do you have memories of being here in the States when there were not any 24 hour stores? I do....

So, now that I am back home, I am continuing my walks, and readying for the first day of university in two weeks time. I will continue to look for,and find the beauty around me daily, and take joy in following the path I have been given. Be well!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment