George & 2 Oldest Daughters

George & 2 Oldest Daughters
George, Oldest Daughter, and Me, 2nd Daughter 1968.

Caroline and Oldest Daughter

Caroline and Oldest Daughter
Caroline and Oldest Daughter in Photo Booth 1964

Boy George

Boy George
George and younger sister in 1940's

George and his Oldest Daughter

George and his Oldest Daughter
George and His Oldest Daughter 1964 in Photo Booth

Monday, August 9, 2010

Another Country...same me

Yes, I am in Sydney, Australia. This is my 10th day of 17 days here. Today, I am staying in, cooking Goulash for my host and I, and feeling happily domesticated. Yes, I love the beach, walks, and sightseeing. However, this is my FIRST trip ever abroad. I like to enjoy the quiet things that make life enjoyable. Doing laundry and hanging it on the line, writing, hunkering down with a good book, exercising and walking to alleviate stress, cooking a meal from scratch and watching others enjoy it, and laughter with good friends I have known most of my life. I have all of that here at the moment, and feel truly blessed.

I have met some good people locally, and will be attempting to cultivate and maintain those connections into longtime friendships. Walking in the gusty wind and warm rain today from the local butcher and green grocer was a pleasure, as I had a mocha (no sugars) in my hand. The only thing that makes life any better is knowing I have my family to return to when this journey is at a close, and a heart full of precious memories and experiences to reflect over for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment