George & 2 Oldest Daughters

George & 2 Oldest Daughters
George, Oldest Daughter, and Me, 2nd Daughter 1968.

Caroline and Oldest Daughter

Caroline and Oldest Daughter
Caroline and Oldest Daughter in Photo Booth 1964

Boy George

Boy George
George and younger sister in 1940's

George and his Oldest Daughter

George and his Oldest Daughter
George and His Oldest Daughter 1964 in Photo Booth

Friday, March 5, 2010

What a difference a day makes!

Yes, what a difference a day makes! Fresh paint, oil changes, attitude adjustments, a good night's rest, a full day at the office, a workout to alleviate stress, and so much more. Every moment matters, and the older I become, the more aware of this I am.

In September of 2008, my cousin Kathleen was going in for a 16 hour surgery to remove liposarcoma from her abdomen. The evening of the surgery, she and I had our last conversation, laugh, and I love you. She was a kindred spirit, and a confidante. I could go to her and she would listen and understand. Whether she agreed didn't matter. We were likeminded in many ways, and had unconditional love for each other. The next day, she died on the operating table 7 hours into surgery. A day makes all the difference sometimes.

How will you LIVE today? I will welcome life with wonder, love, happiness and joy. Be Well!

No comments:

Post a Comment