George & 2 Oldest Daughters

George & 2 Oldest Daughters
George, Oldest Daughter, and Me, 2nd Daughter 1968.

Caroline and Oldest Daughter

Caroline and Oldest Daughter
Caroline and Oldest Daughter in Photo Booth 1964

Boy George

Boy George
George and younger sister in 1940's

George and his Oldest Daughter

George and his Oldest Daughter
George and His Oldest Daughter 1964 in Photo Booth

Saturday, March 13, 2010

In the Morning

When I was just beginning school, I still had to learn to tie my shoes. My sister is 23 months younger than myself, and learned before me. Mom put shoelaces on a chair rail, and showed us how to make the loops and such. I did not learn that way well. So, George tied my shoes. He tied them nice and tight, and made cool loops. I learned how to tie my shoes from him. I still remember him patiently tying my shoes before we hopped into the truck or car to make the journey to school in Orting. Usually, the Northwest Orient Airlines commercial came on with the gong in the background, and Paul Harvey "The Rest of the Story" came on the radio.

My mornings getting my kids off to school consist of radios or CD's playing in the home, three teens getting out the door to high school, and driving them with their projects and instruments to drop them off in front. Tying their shoes? That was me this time. How do I know? My dad and I make cool loops. We bring the shoelace towards us instead of away from us when making the knot...I generally see people tie the shoelace away instead of towards them. George left me marked for life with that loop...:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment