George & 2 Oldest Daughters

George & 2 Oldest Daughters
George, Oldest Daughter, and Me, 2nd Daughter 1968.

Caroline and Oldest Daughter

Caroline and Oldest Daughter
Caroline and Oldest Daughter in Photo Booth 1964

Boy George

Boy George
George and younger sister in 1940's

George and his Oldest Daughter

George and his Oldest Daughter
George and His Oldest Daughter 1964 in Photo Booth

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Sunshine On My Shoulder....

Yes, today the vista I awoke to had DARK and DREARY clouds. By the time I took the kids to school at 7:30, there was a distinct border coming through of blue sky peppered with white clouds. Now, at 11:00 a.m. PST, the sun is bright, it is nigh 50 degrees farenheit outside, and I love the feel of the warmth. Crazy to think that the Winter Olympics are taking place less than 200 miles North of me this very minute. While the rest of the country is going through an extremely cold weather, we are in the middle of a much warmer winter than usual. It is absolutely gorgeous!

I have always wanted to attend an Olympic Games. This may be the closest I come to the chance. If I can make it up, I will. There is one week left, yet, loads of commitments with work and kids. My passport is in place, we shall see. Just to walk through an Olympic Village would be a delight to me.

George called this morning after his long journey with the oldest yesterday. His concern was not for himself, I did not hear a single complaint. I heard a grandfather making certain the grandchildren were happy, healthy, and had enough rest. I am learning in experience to take the knowledge I gain from life, and try to transfer it to wisdom. Wisdom and tranquility. Growing up is difficult at times, yet what a relief when you stop playing the games that others become embroiled in. When you can step away from a situation, look at it analytically and rationally, sans emotion, what a relief it is to come to a decision based on fact instead of reaction and emotion. The best outcome generally comes when this is the process used. Not always the easiest path, but ultimately, the truest and best way. Thanks again dad for giving me the example to learn from. Your grandchildren are also exhibiting this maturity. Here's to Wisdom!

No comments:

Post a Comment