George & 2 Oldest Daughters

George & 2 Oldest Daughters
George, Oldest Daughter, and Me, 2nd Daughter 1968.

Caroline and Oldest Daughter

Caroline and Oldest Daughter
Caroline and Oldest Daughter in Photo Booth 1964

Boy George

Boy George
George and younger sister in 1940's

George and his Oldest Daughter

George and his Oldest Daughter
George and His Oldest Daughter 1964 in Photo Booth

Friday, February 19, 2010

Mom and Me

I have an interesting, diverse, TALENTED, and gorgeous mother. She has always epitomized class, integrity, and left you guessing what her next move would be. I always wanted her green eyes, her blonde hair, and thought I was not attractive. She resembles Tippi Hedron in The Birds, and that cool Scandinavian look is not mine. I inherited the Eastern European dark hair, that has migrated to blonde to cover my gray strands, the whisky colored eyes with a green ring on the outer rim, and I am a bit taller with a longer waist and athletic physique. Now, my daughters want to be pretty like their mom. It amazes me how we all suffer the same malady.

Today I saw my mother, at age 68, still lovely, articulate, and intelligent, in her office with my oldest daughter. Three generations chatting about life. She commented how the oldest has my mother's grandmother's nose, which is quite true, and the Eastern European cheekbones. She also has the green eyes from my mother. The only one out of the six grandchildren. They are a lovely olive toned green, a gift from the Irish side. She has struggled with her self image until recently. She is lovely, both inside and out. We also discussed our futures. Much is going to happen in the next year. It seems my mother will once again be playing an active role in launching some young adults into life. This is a good thing for all of us, as she has excellent guidance and knowledge to offer. I believe we have a lot of years ahead of growing as individuals, and as a family together.

Here's to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment