George & 2 Oldest Daughters

George & 2 Oldest Daughters
George, Oldest Daughter, and Me, 2nd Daughter 1968.

Caroline and Oldest Daughter

Caroline and Oldest Daughter
Caroline and Oldest Daughter in Photo Booth 1964

Boy George

Boy George
George and younger sister in 1940's

George and his Oldest Daughter

George and his Oldest Daughter
George and His Oldest Daughter 1964 in Photo Booth

Friday, February 12, 2010

Grandpa George

Well, today, Papa George drove his granddaughters to Yakima, WA. My oldest is in the All State Choir that performs on Monday, and Grandpa was all too happy to make the drive, and take his "fellow Aquarian" as a co-pilot while they navigated their way over the Snoqualmie Pass with the Chanteuse as the celebrated passenger. It was the girls' first time on the Eastern side of the Cascade Mountains. I kept receiving text messages as they came to other places. We make the journey again on Monday to pick her up from her 4 day Chorale experience. Papa George will again do the driving.

He played for the Yakima Bears and the Wenatchee Chiefs, as well as the Seattle Rainiers. He and I have journeyed places over the years and I have been well regaled with stories of those days. It has never ceased to amaze me how each step in life leads us in a direction of unknown opportunities. It just depends on if we pick up the options that will benefit us, or leave them for someone else to experience. I am eagerly waiting to hear from the youngest daughter about her day with Grandpa. They are two peas in a pod and always have great times together. When I count my blessings, my three kids and my dad are always uppermost on the list.

I had a telephone call from a culinary school looking for my son. He is taking it in high school courses now. Puyallup has a state of the art kitchen and program. They are also learning the catering aspect, pricing of food, filling out their own orders, etc. How to run a kitchen basically. Son had to practice making crepes. Where did we go??? Papa George of course. He sat there, complained about the carbs of course, and encouraged him in his presentation and preparation. He did beautifully. He didn't win the competition, however, he certainly can make one heck of a crepe. Just ask George....

No comments:

Post a Comment