George & 2 Oldest Daughters

George & 2 Oldest Daughters
George, Oldest Daughter, and Me, 2nd Daughter 1968.

Caroline and Oldest Daughter

Caroline and Oldest Daughter
Caroline and Oldest Daughter in Photo Booth 1964

Boy George

Boy George
George and younger sister in 1940's

George and his Oldest Daughter

George and his Oldest Daughter
George and His Oldest Daughter 1964 in Photo Booth

Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Art of Living

Today, I learned another lesson in the art of living. I learned to trust that how I raised my children will not fail when I am not around to reinforce it. I am learning to let go and give them their wings. What an exhilarating feeling!

I am watching my oldest, my nearly 19 year old daughter, gain maturity, poise, and overall growing into a gorgeous, articulate, and incredibly funny young woman. The little girl will always be there running up to me for hugs and cuddles. The statuesque and brilliant woman I see lately is my new companion and house mate. What a FANTASTIC chrysalis! The beauty of it all? I get to sit back, take it all in, and watch my other two achieve their potential as well. Life is a blessing every day. The moments both large and small.

Living is an art for certain, being content and happy is my daily privilege and blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment