George & 2 Oldest Daughters

George & 2 Oldest Daughters
George, Oldest Daughter, and Me, 2nd Daughter 1968.

Caroline and Oldest Daughter

Caroline and Oldest Daughter
Caroline and Oldest Daughter in Photo Booth 1964

Boy George

Boy George
George and younger sister in 1940's

George and his Oldest Daughter

George and his Oldest Daughter
George and His Oldest Daughter 1964 in Photo Booth

Sunday, May 9, 2010

I Was Like You

Here I sit, Mother's Day, 2010, which happens to fall on May 9th. That was the due date of my oldest daughter 19 years ago. We ended up, she and I, being attached for another 10 days before we delivered her screaming healthy self into the world. Last night, she had her Senior Ball, and looked GORGEOUS.

I have been reflecting yet again on life, what has happened, what is yet to come, what is here already. Sometimes, when I come across people that have yet to find their feet, I notice them looking at me sometimes assessing me. Whether it is my figure, grooming, car, personality, house, children, what I am eating, you can sometimes watch people's minds store that information in their mental databases. Just as I do about them...

I Was Like You:

I was a young single mother with barely any money, yet I found a way to make it work.

I am the daughter of a mother who has high expectations and sometimes it is overwhelming.

I am a professional wiith a family that relies on me, and the long hours of work pull you away from the very reason you put in those hours, your family.

I need to tone up and do more cardio.

I am covering my gray, and feel good about who I am, one day you will too.

I was a bright eyed Pollyanna with hope and dreams I recently found again, and 20 years later, am pursuing.

It is a mental mindset. We simply need to adjust our thinking, perceptions, expectations, learn to breathe, walk, and live all over again in certain instances. Choose what is truly important, not what we are told is important.

I am choosing happiness, love, and to put one foot in front of the other, follow my path, and do so with glee. Be Well!

No comments:

Post a Comment