George & 2 Oldest Daughters

George & 2 Oldest Daughters
George, Oldest Daughter, and Me, 2nd Daughter 1968.

Caroline and Oldest Daughter

Caroline and Oldest Daughter
Caroline and Oldest Daughter in Photo Booth 1964

Boy George

Boy George
George and younger sister in 1940's

George and his Oldest Daughter

George and his Oldest Daughter
George and His Oldest Daughter 1964 in Photo Booth

Friday, May 14, 2010

Blessings Abound!

Yesterday, I found out that all the financial aid was in place for my education! What a fantastic day that was. I told both of my parents independent of each other, and dad just laughed and asked who I bribed, with pride in his voice, and mom took a deep and emotional sigh, and said "I have waited a very long time to hear this news". I graduated high school in 1986. I have waited that long to attend college/university.

I telephoned admissions about my conditions of admission, and there aren't any out of the ordinary. Normal admission. Sean, my admissions counselor stated "it is a little odd to tell an adult this, but you are so independent and headstrong, I have no doubt you will make it". Wow, I have never met the man personally, only telephonic to date. Yet, he hit on a core of my personality. It proves that no matter how you perceive you project yourself to people, your perceptions are not always correct. I thought I was this mild mannered female. Obviously not...

So, September 7th is my first day at the University. My life is turning a bend in the road, and I feel like the Old Irish Blessings are here for me:

"May the road rise up to greet you, may the sun shine bright upon your face, may the wind blow at your back...."

Forward I go, with a bright countenance, and thankful for everyone who is the wind at my back. George and Caroline....thank you for your parenting and backing, I couldn't have done it without the solid foundation you provided me.

No comments:

Post a Comment