George & 2 Oldest Daughters

George & 2 Oldest Daughters
George, Oldest Daughter, and Me, 2nd Daughter 1968.

Caroline and Oldest Daughter

Caroline and Oldest Daughter
Caroline and Oldest Daughter in Photo Booth 1964

Boy George

Boy George
George and younger sister in 1940's

George and his Oldest Daughter

George and his Oldest Daughter
George and His Oldest Daughter 1964 in Photo Booth

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Letting Go of Your Child

Yes, I am still a student, and now, all three of my children are college students. One by one they have spread their wings after graduating high school, and gone through the growing pains. My oldest is ready to transfer to University next fall, and my son is still knocking out the basics. The youngest, she with the car, is pursuing business related courses and history, along with the general requirements. Each one of us has a different path, personality, and goal in life. Learning to let them make their own errors and not rescue them can be particularly difficult as a parent.

This coming year will bring me closer to graduating with my bachelor's degree, and also close to finishing my Project Management certification. For the first time since my graduation from high school, I will truly have no responsibilities to anyone in school, or under my guardianship, other than myself. I will be there to encourage and listen, yet I fully expect to be applauding a fair amount from the sidelines as my children find their feet, and follow their path in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment