George & 2 Oldest Daughters

George & 2 Oldest Daughters
George, Oldest Daughter, and Me, 2nd Daughter 1968.

Caroline and Oldest Daughter

Caroline and Oldest Daughter
Caroline and Oldest Daughter in Photo Booth 1964

Boy George

Boy George
George and younger sister in 1940's

George and his Oldest Daughter

George and his Oldest Daughter
George and His Oldest Daughter 1964 in Photo Booth

Monday, November 26, 2012

Blessings in the Unexpected

Today, I was required to go and visit the doctor for finalization of my physical for my university. Travelling abroad requires a doctor to sign off that you are fit to go and do not require any further medical care, and are a sane candidate. So, I waited in the office lobby for an hour to see the good doctor, observing things to pass the time and overhearing conversations.

One woman stated to her mother (both were over 60) that a woman they know "is wasting her life away by complaining all the time". That made me stop and think. The gentleman next to me had a box full of bottles of medications and supplements that he takes daily. He has survived FOUR tumors since 1962, one in the throat, kidney, brain, and eye. The Kidney was the only cancerous one. He has a family, two masters, and his bachelors, and is 80 years old. For longer than I have been alive, he has battled this condition and is one of the most positive people I have ever encountered. I was blessed today by our brief but wonderful exchange.

I finally was called into the doctor's office and we went over the form and what its purpose was. I left ready to go, and with my heart full of the knowledge at how blessed I am with every breath I take in life. No complaining folks...onward and upward!

No comments:

Post a Comment